Support Your Future
Become a member of your associations
When you join the Ontario Opticians Association (OOA) you will also enjoy the benefits of the Opticians Association of Canada (OAC). For one low annual fee you will become a member of both associations.
You will receive con-ed on-line Credits/Tokens FREE with you membership or renewal .
And… Free $1,000,000 Professional Liability Insurance as required by the College of Opticians of Ontario. One more reason of the importance and benefits of belonging to your professional association.
The OOA and the OAC are YOUR associations
You need to be a member!
Join Online @
OR DOWNLOAD A FORM
..And Fax to 416-226-6879 or Email email@example.com
OOA/OAC members enjoy many benefits. With your blended OOA/OAC membership you will have access to all OOA and OAC member benefits.
Click on each member benefit below to learn more:
- FREE Professional Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance
- Access to, and FREE, Online Continuing Education
- Reduced Registration Fees for Optician Events
- Discounted Rates and Aeroplan Miles with Park’N Fly
- Discounted Subscription Rate for Contact Lens Spectrum Magazine
- FREE and Discounted Rates on Job Postings through Jobs4ECPs
- Discounted Membership with Retail Merchants Association of Canada
- Special Privileges at International Vision Expo
- Access to the Canadian Safety Eyewear Program
- Exclusive Financial Package with National Bank
- Group Health Insurance Program
- Exclusive Group Rates on Automobile & Property Insurance
- Bilingual Communications from OAC
Free Professional Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance
Together with Western Financial Group, the OOA/OAC is proud to provide a FREE* $1,000,000.00 personal Professional Liability Insurance policy that protects its members from lawsuits for damages claimed by a third party, resulting from a professional error or omission or negligent act, committed during the course of their activities as an “Optician”.
Many provincial regulatory colleges require that Opticians carry their own personal Professional Liability Insurance policy to obtain and maintain their license.
Opticians who wish to obtain more coverage can upgrade to a $3,000,000.00 or $5,000,000.00 PLI policy by contacting the OAC office at 1-800-847-3155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to, and FREE, Online Continuing Education
OOA/OAC Members receive access to an online library of over 100 continuing education courses through the OAC Online Continuing Education Library.
With a one-year membership, OOA/OAC members receive 4 FREE online continuing education courses from the OAC Online Continuing Education library. The OAC Online CE library provides instant access to professional learning required for maintaining professional competencies.
OAC online courses can be completed at YOUR convenience and in the comfort of your own home. Choose an online CE course, read the article, complete the test & print out your CE certificate. It’s as easy as that!
*The OAC Online Continuing Education library is ONLY available to members
*Members must use their free online CE courses within the same year of membership. Free courses cannot be carried over to another membership year.
For more information on OOA/OAC member benefits please visit: